The Expanded Learning and Afterschool Project connects you with research, resources and best practices for building affordable and sustainable approaches to expanding learning in your community.
High quality expanded learning, afterschool and summer programs incorporate:
- School-Community Partnerships. Building upon strong collaboration between communities and schools
- Engaged Learning. Incorporating learning that is hands-on and engaging
- Affordability and Scalability. Utilizing financial models that are affordable, scalable and sustainable
- Learning Time after School and during the Summer. Adding significant time for learning and enrichment that complements the school day
- Family Engagement. Engaging families to participate in their children's learning
- Health and Wellness. Linking to meals and providing opportunities and supports for physical and mental well-being