Kemer, Antalya. 8 Jun 2013 until 15 Jun 2013, All Day
Organization: Calypso Dive Center
During the week of June 8-15 we'll include the info about World Oceans Day in our briefing of the customers. We'll talk about the environmental protection and also clean up the trash that we see during the dives.
Karachi. 26 May 2013 , All Day
Organization: National Centre for Maritime Policy Research
The National Centre for Maritime Policy Research has again launched an essay competition for World Oceans Day 2013 to encourage individuals to write about the theme, "Together we have the power to protect the oceans". Participants can register by filling out the registration form and sending it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Rules for the Competition:
- The competition is open to all students from colleges and universities.
- Only one essay per student is allowed.
- Essays should be between 2000-3000 words.
- Essay must be written in Urdu on a single side of a page using double spacing and at least 1.5 inch right margin.
- It should be submitted in a neat hard copy.
- Accuracy of facts is important.
- Writers are encouraged to include resources/ references of all the information and material used.
- Each essay must be submitted with the following information clearly typed on it: name of student, age, class, department and year, university name, mobile number, and email address.
- Last date for registration is 15th May, 2013.
- Last date for submission is 26th May, 2013.
- Prize distribution ceremony is on June 8th, 2013.
Herzalia. 8 Jun 2013 , 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm
The 9th annual Eco-Cinema Festival in Israel will be devoted this year to the Seas and Oceans and their preservation. Opening day will be on June 8th (World Oceans Day) at the Marina in Hertzelia and will mark the celebration of the sea in our life. One of the Key events will be our 'Movie Vessel'- a research ship that will host celebrities for screening of a wide range of movies dealing with the sea. We will also be showing movies, open to the public, in several other locations around the country. A Gala dinner will be held at the Crusader fortress of Apolonia overlooking the Mediterranean Sea; here the winners of a short film competition, devoted to the Seas and Oceans, will be announced.