Monday, May 26, 2014

Simple Acts of Kindness: Stranger Funds Bicycle Purchase

"With the help of bariatric surgery, I've spent the last year trying to lose weight and get my health in order.
"Having had pretty good success thus far, I decided to post some "progress pictures" in my favorite online weight loss forum. It's requested that in the posts you provide information as to how you've lost weight, so I mentioned that I now walk everywhere but was saving up to buy a cheap bike that I could use to commute to and from work.
"The next evening, I was messaged privately by an individual asking if I had a PayPal account and if I would be comfortable accepting a small donation for a bike. I passed along my PayPal email address, thinking that nothing would come of this. Much to my surprise, I awoke the next morning with an email from PayPal saying this man, a complete Internet stranger I had never met, had sent me $200."

No comments:

Post a Comment