Friday, August 15, 2014

Water For the Critters During Drought

This photo and suggestion came from a social media post yesterday.

"This is something I have been doing to help out our wildlife in the area since the creeks are dry. What got me started is when I noticed the foxes going into my goat pen to get their drink and of course the goats weren't jumping for joy . So I decided to put a bucket out just for them at the edge of my property and before I knew it, it was the place to go! I have seen all kinds of birds at it, and just last week we watch 4 large bucks come to drink and even had a little stand off over it. What I want to ask is, if you can fill a bucket and set it out for our wildlife too it might help out some of our little friends that we all love. Let pay it forward for our little friends and give them a drink. This shot was taken from my kitchen table about 100 yards. We want them to have their space and water too. Don't forget to fill your bucket before 10 am or after 5 pm. Also if possible put under shade tree. Thank you for helping out our little friends."

No comments:

Post a Comment