Monday, February 16, 2015

Used Fashion Dolls Go Natural

Used, broken, and hyper-sexy plastic dolls wind up in landfills, while the lucky ones go to second hand shops.  The really lucky used, broken and hyper-sexy fashion dolls wind up in a Tasmanian second hand shop, and land into the hands of a woman who repairs and transforms the glamor fashion dolls into dolls that might look a bit more like real little girls.

The “doll rescuer” explains from her Etsy page,   “My sisters and I grew up playing with second-hand dolls and home-made toys in the beautiful Tasmanian natural environment. I love the satisfaction of repairing and reusing discarded items to give them a new lease on life...I hand repaint the dolls faces, mold new shoes, and my Mum sews and knits their clothing."


No comments:

Post a Comment