The Summer of Peace--a free series of discussions, workshops, meditations and information--all designed to a commitment of global peace. The Daily Prism will post more from the Summer of Peace effort through the September workshops.
From The Summer of Peace website:
With a steady stream of news about unspeakable violence in war-torn areas to escalating reports of police brutality, we are reminded of the need to strengthen our capacity for outer and inner peace. It’s clear that it’s time we create a new story about peace.
We need a narrative that speaks to the human complexity of the inner spirit, to international relations, to dialogues across multiple sectors of society – including healing humanity’s relationship with the Earth. We need an understanding of peace broad enough to embrace the deep spiritual realms, along with the grounded – and at times even hard-nosed – practical actions that can transform difficult situations locally and globally.
However, for all of us who long for more peace and harmony in our lives and our world, some days, the challenges we face can feel daunting.
In these times, it’s common to feel overwhelmed by the inner conflicts within ourselves – not to mention the pain generated by clashes with family members, friends, co-workers... and even strangers. And when we hear about bullying in schools, the senseless violence in our neighborhoods and the overwhelming number of refugees displaced from war, it’s so easy to feel helpless and fall into despair.
It can be difficult to know where to turn to find the inspiration and guidance we need to heal the conflicts in our own hearts, in our relationships and in our larger world.
This is where The Summer of Peace comes in. The Shift Network has a deep commitment to global peace, which is why we’re offering this amazing series to you for FREE.
This monumental 3-month event features powerful insights and practical skills from the world’s leading peacebuilders – so you’ll be empowered to co-create a life and a world where peace – instead of conflict – is the baseline.
Through The Summer of Peace, you’ll:
- Discover more personal ease, joy and well-being with practices to help you connect more profoundly to the deep peace within yourself.
- Experience more harmonious and loving relationships with your family, friends, co-workers and community members.
- Be uplifted when you hear success stories from those on the front-lines of creating positive change in the most desperate areas on the planet.
- Receive deep wisdom for co-creating a new narrative of peace, and find effective methods for putting this vision into inspired action.
- Discover best practices for citizen engagement and conscious activism to help accelerate the shift to a world of peace!
As part of The Shift Network’s commitment to peace, we have also created the first virtual World Peace Library. The 2015 Summer of Peace programs will eventually become part of this FREE global resource.