International Cities of Peace™ is a nonprofit, tax-exempt association dedicated to connecting, promoting, and encouraging the global cities of peace movement. An Advisory Council of leaders from global Cities of Peace organizations is working to create an all-inclusive, non-polarizing network of world citizens working on the ground to bring peace to their communities.
Peace, in the view of this organization, is not just a hope. It's a right.
VISION: To foster peace as a consensus value in Cities of Peace around the world.
MISSION: To network, encourage, document, and provide resources and information for leaders and organizations working to make peace a consensus value through the global Cities of Peace movement.
• Network individuals, villages, and cities of peace, internationally.
• Provide an independent, unaligned resource for Cities of Peace.
• Act as a non-polarizing source of information on worldwide peace issues.
• Encourage, honor, and connect peace adherents and organizations.
• Document the history, scholarship, and formation of cities of peace.
• Promote the ideal of a World Dream of peace.
Safety, prosperity and quality of life: peace is a consensus value. Add your considerable energy to this worldwide, grassroots movement to define our cities and villages in the language of peace.
---From the International Cities of Peace website