Wednesday, November 4, 2015

A Suicide Survivor's Plea: There is Hope

Editor's Note: This is a post that a friend posted on his Facebook page.  It is a real post by a real person. The Daily Prism understands the challenge for many persons who suffer through the holiday seasons. Please read this post, and share with those who may require some extra help.


C. Coimbra photo

Three years and a few months ago I woke up in a emergency room to the tortured eyes of my sweet mother after trying to kill myself.

I hate to bring this up every so often because - trust me - I am not trying to draw attention to it, and not looking for sympathy or likes or "Oh Davey, we're so glad you made it." I'm bringing this up because, well hell - it's my duty to remind you guys ‪#‎dontgiveup‬.

I bring it up now because we are heading into that season where loneliness can crush you like a tidal wave. To those who are doing well - keep your eyes open - vigilantly. A simple invite to Thanksgiving or Christmas Dinner may well turn someone's whole life around.

To those of you hurting, to those who feel you've lost everything - I know how that is and I know how you feel. I just want you to know ‪#‎thereishope‬. I lost family, friends, respect - everything...oh so rather publicly. I know you feel like you cant fight this anymore, I know you feel like there is no way it is ever going to turn around - that is a lie. #dontgiveup - PLEASE.

There is an ocean of caring amazing people in this world who would love to help you, even if they don't know you. If you need one friend, start with me. 24/7 - 365

If you are on the edge, call me.  (Editor's Note: Please message The Daily Prism for the phone number.) I've been there. I may not be able to get back to you right away, but I will contact you as soon as possible.

You want to hear my story, I'm on open book. Am I success story, hell no - I am just a recipient of benevolent grace and friends with hearts the size of Jupiter.

You matter. Your needed. It will get better.

...and for fuck sake there are people out there who will LOVE you back to health, to life no matter who you are. You have NEVER gone so far that you can't come back. #dontgiveup.

Thanks for listening - I'm rooting for you.





No comments:

Post a Comment