Compassionate Action Steps for Non-Muslims
The range can be from a simple act such as:
- Joining Muslims in press releases and press conferences
- When you directly or overhear an Islamophobic comment, respond with patience and tolerance and ask, “Do you know a Muslim personally?” Then, and/or invite them to join you on a visit to a mosque or to have tea with a Muslim friend so they can explore their fear or opinions with personal experience.
- Speaking with media and having different voices heard.
- Be active on social media and provide support which includes sharing positive stories, Joining a Muslim friend and going to a mosque or inviting them to speak at other places of worship.
- Call or walk into a mosque and ask the Imam or office staff if you could sit down and talk, showing your support
- Smiling at Muslims
- Calling Muslim friends and family and letting know one cares