Regardless of faith or culture, it's breath taking when we see the wide berth of efforts to help, rescue, support refugees from the Syrian crisis. The Daily Prism features another humanitarian effort by IsraAid.
From the IsraAid website:
IsraAID The Israel Forum for International Humanitarian Aid, founded in 2001, is a non-profit, non-governmental organization committed to providing life-saving disaster relief and long term support. For over a decade, our teams of professional medics, search & rescue squads, post-trauma experts and community mobilizers, have been first on the front lines of nearly every major humanitarian response in the 21st century. Our mission is to efficiently support and meet the changing needs of populations as they strive to move from crisis to reconstruction/rehabilitation, and eventually, to sustainable living.
In over a decade, we have...
- Responded to crises in 31 countries
- Reached over 1,000,000 people
- Distributed over 1,000 tons of relief and medical supplies
- Trained more than 5,000 local professionals
- Mobilized over 750 staff, volunteers, and professionals (among them 156 doctors and nurses and 100 therapists and social workers).