From the Center for Courage and Renewal;
Our mission is to create a more just, compassionate and healthy world by nurturing personal and professional integrity and the courage to act on it.
Distrust, stress, isolation, and burnout are robbing society of what’s possible when people bring integrity and humanity to the places where they live and work.
As a result, we are losing competent and compassionate individuals in some of society’s most crucial roles—educating children, caring for patients, serving congregations, leading teams and organizations, and fostering civic community. The costs are substantial as once-committed people lose their sense of purpose and passion, grow disillusioned and disengaged, and eventually drop out.
To create a more just and compassionate world—and sustain the leadership we need for such a world — we need more people who can work together to solve pressing, complex problems. Responsibility can no longer rest solely with designated leaders. It requires all of us to claim our leadership roles and responsibilities.
Courage & Renewal programs cultivate the heart and soul of leadership, encouraging people to “lead from within.” Courage & Renewal programs help people:
- Lead and act with courage on their true callings.
- Develop trustworthy relationships.
- Cultivate practices to sustain themselves and inspire others for the long haul.
- Work together to transform the institutions they serve.
- The Center for Courage & Renewal and its growing global network of Courage & Renewal Facilitators help people lead lives of courage and integrity by offering online resources, in-person retreats and personal/professional development programs.